Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux Gains An Open File Server Implementation For Tractors & Agriculture Machinery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Gains An Open File Server Implementation For Tractors & Agriculture Machinery

Phoronix: Linux Gains An Open File Server Implementation For Tractors & Agriculture Machinery

Pengutronix a short time ago on the Linux kernel mailing list announced the Open ISOBUS FileServer (FS) and Client Implementation... Piquing my interest, I looked up this ISO 11783-13 standard that this file server aims to implement, but it wasn't quite what I was expecting...

Yay!

Something potentially useful, unlike the HDR/RT for the (non-existent) Linux gaming market.

Comment

Is the next Phoronix benchmark test between a 14900k and a tractor?

In before Phoronix purists complain that Michael didn't make the test apples to apples because he used stock distro settings and didn't use the --secret-diesel-power kernel performance governor setting.

Comment

linus vs john?

Comment

this will be the year of Linux on the Fields!

Comment

Does it mean Farming Simulator will be ported to Linux ?

Comment

Originally posted by mos87 View Post
              Yay!

Something potentially useful, unlike the HDR/RT for the (non-existent) Linux gaming market.
              Non existent is your brain and mac os gaming market.

Comment

Originally posted by JEBjames View Post
                Is the next Phoronix benchmark test between a 14900k and a tractor?
                Yes. Initial testing is underway.

Comment

Make sure you test this apples-to-apples. You don't want one tractor harvesting apples and the other wheat you know.

Comment

Who uses it? Hardware, apps and potential applications.

Open Farm stuff without John Deere DRM and connected to their servers?

Comment

Working...
                    X