Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arctic Freezer 4U-M Is A Nice 4U Cooler Capable Of Cooling High-End AMD & Intel CPUs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arctic Freezer 4U-M Is A Nice 4U Cooler Capable Of Cooling High-End AMD & Intel CPUs

Phoronix: Arctic Freezer 4U-M Is A Nice 4U Cooler Capable Of Cooling High-End AMD & Intel CPUs

If you are looking for a CPU heatsink-fan combination that will fit within 4U rackmount server height requirements while being capable of cooling the latest high-end Intel Xeon and AMD EPYC / Threadripper processors while not being too expensive nor noisy, the Arctic Freezer 4U-M is a rare solution that can cross off all those checkboxes.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thanks Michael for the benchmarks.

Disclosure: I'm a Noctua user.

What's not to like:
    - Fits in 4U (compared to Noctua requiring 5U).
    - Horizontal airflow (compared to Noctua's vertical).
    - Results,
    - Pricing.

So, as this writing, we got the retailers with:

CPU: Check.
    Air cooler: Check.
    Memory: Check.
    NVMe: Check.
    PSU: Check.
    Case: Check.
    GPU: $$$.
    Motherboard: Uh... Mmm... Let's wait for a few more weeks.​

Comment

Proprietary custom fans, meh. However I do like Artic cooling products. Very affordable, good looking(looking at your diarrhea colors Noctua) and no useless LGBT-lighting. I've got AIO cooler ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 for like hundred bucks which is insane if you look how performant it is.

Comment

Arctic is generally a pretty safe bet if you don't care about the looks.
        That being said it's clear cooler reviews are not your specialty.

Comment

I usually go Noctua all-the-way-down, but when I had to cool a ThreadRipper Pro in a 4U server case and I seen that Noctua only had 5U and 3U solutions, I bought this Arctic Freezer 4U-M that someone in phoronix forums recommended to me. I'm very happy with it!

Comment

Arctic Cooling stuff is generally good. They may not win every comparison with Noctua, but when they loose, is generally by slim margins. And their aesthetics is not as outrageous. When you look at their price, is hard to choose Noctua, unless you want to show how expensive the cooling solution on your PC is.

Comment

Considering how much air that massive cooling is moving, I wonder if those two 80mm coolers are not getting in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
                Considering how much air that massive cooling is moving, I wonder if those two 80mm coolers are not getting in the way.
                They will feed back the power into the system that was used by the Arctic.

Comment

They call it "Arctic Freezer" but are far from reaching temperatures below zero Celsius - not to speak about real arctic temperatures...

Comment

Working...
                  X