Fwupd 1.8.3 Released With Support For More Startech & Elan Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fwupd 1.8.3 Released With Support For More Startech & Elan Devices

Phoronix: Fwupd 1.8.3 Released With Support For More Startech & Elan Devices

Just shy of two weeks since fwupd 1.8.2 was released with supporting more hardware for system and peripheral firmware updating under Linux, Fwupd 1.8.3 has now arrived as the newest version...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That recent change fwupd made that started alerting users to devices with needed firmware updates did me a solid the other day. It alerted me to a theoretical security problem with an older Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse USB dongle that a firmware update would fix. Took a bare 5 seconds to upload the new firmware and didn't require a reboot (which I did anyway as a standard good practice when updating most firmware). Thank you fwupd team for that very user friendly change. I never would have known otherwise.

Comment

Working...
    X