Linus Torvalds Encourages Kernel Developers & Everyone To Get Vaccinated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linus Torvalds Encourages Kernel Developers & Everyone To Get Vaccinated

Phoronix: Linus Torvalds Encourages Kernel Developers & Everyone To Get Vaccinated

Linus Torvalds is known primarily in the past for his colorful scripture on the Linux kernel mailing list while today he does have a passionate and important read on the LKML around vaccinations for COVID-19...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Linus is goated for this very educated response. Extremely well said. Thanks for sharing , Michael. mRNA vaccines and just mRNA is the future. Get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by perpetually high View Post
      Linus is goated for this very educated response. Extremely well said. Thanks for sharing , Michael. mRNA vaccines and just mRNA is the future. Get used to it.
      Name checks out.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanboy80 View Post
        Name checks out.
        Gonna go into more detail? lol Or is this one of those things that you'd rather say little about? lol

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR
          Linus is NOT a doctor, and is in no position to give medical advice to anyone. He is just parroting the official narrative by the big pharma companies which make billions of dollars pushing experimental vaccines on people, to combat a non-threatening virus for the vast majority of the population, that kills fewer people than the flu.

He is also uninformed about mRNA vaccines and pushing bad info in 2 ways:

1) mRNA vaccines can definitely potentially alter your DNA under certain conditions than are not as rare are big pharma pretends them to be. A certain enzyme, reverse transcriptase, if available, will lead to the rewrite of DNA. And while technically this enzyme is not synthesized by the human body (and that is where the big pharma LIE that it cannot change your DNA is based), there are certain relatively widespread viruses that synthesize it, like hepatitis virus and others. Even if you are not sick by such viruses, if you have any virus load of those in your body, they could potentially create this enzyme and if it happens during your vaccination, destroy your DNA. So the conditions for it to happen are not impossible as they claim. They do have low chance of happening, but they can't eliminate the possibility, hence why they will not guarantee it...

2) The main issue from the vaccines is not changing your DNA, but the spike protein itself, which has been found by proper scientists like the Salk institute to be dangerous by itself, yet you program your cells with these vaccines to produce it. These spike proteins can potentially do serious damage to your cardiovascular system and various organs, especially after periodical injections each year and/or contact with coronavirus in the wild. Not to mention the potential of leading to the overreaction of your immune system in case of infection in the future, an event known as cytokine storm. Japanese universities have already proved that this is certainly possible in a relatively fresh study.

So, no, the vaccines are not "100% safe" (not to mention 100% effective, which is not exactly proven as of today). And if Linus wants to play big pharma vaccine pusher, how about he signs us his guarantee that if anything happens to us from these vaccines in the future, he is going to be held liable and pay us from his own money? How about that Linus? You can't give medical instructions/advice publically without taking responsibility, don't you think? Especially when you call other people names for being skeptical regarding EXPERIMENTAL gene therapy injections.

I understand that in the Linux community Linus is being worshipped like a "god" and everything he says is supposed to be gospel, but sometimes he himself needs to learn to shut his mouth especially in areas he is no expert in. He is right in that the linux mailing lists are not the area to discuss vaccines though.
          This makes no sense. Vaccines are not "100% safe" but they are orders of magnitude safer than not getting vaccinated and risking getting COVID and/or transmitting it to someone else. Linus is expressing his opinion about what people should be doing, everyone does that all the time. He doesn't pretend to be giving medical advice. By the way the antivax crowd is not qualified to give medical advice either.

Comment

You are either not only ignorant, but flagrantly willfully so; or you are a raving proponent of pro-active human population control, in which case... please, after you!

Comment

No, he does. In fact, if anyone is willing to get him to court, he could. He told multiple times in his email to people to get vaccinated. That was an instruction. He is actually liable for a lawsuit. Only my doctor gets to give me medical advice on whether to get vaccinated or not, not Linus. If he was just his opinion, he would have to say "i am not a doctor, but i believe that people should protect themselves by getting vaccinated". By telling people "GET VACCINATED", that is an instruction.

Also, vaccinated people do transmit the virus anyway. The vaccines are not protecting you from getting covid or transmitting it. Even their own manufacturers admit that.

As for us, and yes i am definitely an antivaxxer and proud of it, as i have met people who have suffered from various vaccines, including a young woman strapped on a wheelchair for life from a botched measles vaccine, we do not give medical advice at all. Most of us do not tell others to not get vaccinated. If you want to get an experimental gene therapy into your blood, that has not been tested on animals and has not completed phase 3 trials on humans, or any other long term study, please by all means, go ahead. We are just reacting on the forced vaccinations they are trying to push on us. I don't want to get vaccinated, whether under threat from a rifle or by threatening me with losing my job and die from hunger or being treated like a lepper by society.

You people want to get vaxxed? FINE. You are "protected" from the big nasty common cold variation. Congratulations. That means you shouldn't be afraid of me, you are not in danger from me, are you? If you are, what good are vaccines for then? Aren't they protecting you?

All i care about, is for the people who believe anything their government and big pharma tell them, to get their vaccines, 3-4-5-10 times a year, i don't care. Just i want them to rest easy that they are protected from the big nasty virus and leave us in peace to live our lives.
              Jeez, the things you have to read before bed.

Comment

I hardly think the LKML is the place to be discussing vaccination and I can understand why it has upset Linus.

However, as a healthy 25 year old I will hold off being vaccinated for a year or two as I don't believe that the risk of receiving a novel vaccination is outweighed by the risk of contracting Covid and the potential complications that could follow.

A few weeks ago I assisted my two over-80 grandparents with booking their appointments and they will soon be having their second doses. They both decided that the for their individual circumstances (high risk age group+comorbodites) vaccination made sense so I assisted them gladly.

When did individuals performing their own assessments (particularly when dealing with a relatively untested treatment) and making decisions regarding their own health become an act deserving of public shame?

Comment

Originally posted by Viki Ai View Post

You are either not only ignorant, but flagrantly willfully so; or you are a raving proponent of pro-active human population control, in which case... please, after you!
                  jesse, what the fuck are you talking about

Comment

Deleted post
                    I wanna reply to a post you made which was deleted:

No, reverse transcriptase enzyme cannot make an mRNA vaccine alter your DNA: https://edwardnirenberg.medium.com/n...a-fcf05986ce9e

If you don't wanna take an mRNA vaccine, you can wait for other kinds of vaccines that don't use mRNA, but please get vaccinated at some point. Vaccines work much better when everyone is vaccinated due to herd immunity. No one wants unvaccinated people getting Covid and spreading mutations that could potentially make the disease harder to control (like it's already happening). Vaccines have literally saved millions of lives ever since they've been introduced.

Also, I don't know where you got your data from, but Covid certainly kills more than the Flu. That's a known fact and 5 seconds of research will show you the same.

Comment

Working...
                    X