ChromeOS EC Hardware Monitoring Driver Being Revived For Framework Laptops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChromeOS EC Hardware Monitoring Driver Being Revived For Framework Laptops

Phoronix: ChromeOS EC Hardware Monitoring Driver Being Revived For Framework Laptops

In addition to a Framework Laptop EC driver being prepared for Linux that extends the Chrome OS embedded controller (EC) used by recent Framework Laptops, a ChromeOS EC hardware monitoring (HWMON subsystem) driver has also been revived as a further support extension for Framework laptops on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I am uneducated on the subject, but I was under the presumption that Chrome OS has a policy of being as upstream as possible. Why were these changes never included in the kernel in the first place? Does Google maintain a fork that contains the equivalent for Chrome OS devices?

Comment

Originally posted by jonkoops View Post
      I am uneducated on the subject, but I was under the presumption that Chrome OS has a policy of being as upstream as possible. Why were these changes never included in the kernel in the first place? Does Google maintain a fork that contains the equivalent for Chrome OS devices?
      I guess the work on the driver was done by Google, tested it and pushed it into ChromeOS, and now they've made an upstream merge request as they often do.​

Comment

Working...
      X