Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Linux Engineers Introduce New "schedstat" Tool

Phoronix: AMD Linux Engineers Introduce New "schedstat" Tool

AMD Linux engineers have introduced a new perf tool called "schedstat" that aims to be less resource intensive and convenient than the existing "perf sched" tool for profiling kernel scheduler behavior...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    "schedstat" [...] aims to be less resource intensive and convenient than the existing "perf sched"
    https://www.phoronix.com/news/AMD-Li...schedstat-Tool
    Lol... Aims to be less convenient. In a word of marketing speak this made me chuckle. Just a typo I'm sure...

Comment

MOAR tools!
      (I don't know how to use this, but sharing is caring or something like that)

Comment

Originally posted by rafanelli View Post

Lol... Aims to be less convenient. In a word of marketing speak this made me chuckle. Just a typo I'm sure...
        As a C programmer I would grab my English manual and look up precedence and associativity​ of the unary operator "less" and binary operator "and" to evaluate the expression emm... sentence.

Comment

Working...
        X