Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Many Changes Lining Up So Far For The Linux 5.1 Kernel

Phoronix: The Many Changes Lining Up So Far For The Linux 5.1 Kernel

While Linux 5.0 isn't even out yet, there are a lot of changes building up for the Linux 5.1 cycle that have us excited...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The latest AMD WIP kernel still doesn't work with my R9 390, but after applying the patch set reported in the "AMDGPU Sends In More Linux 5.1 Updates With Seamless Boot Bits, FreeSync Fixes" article it does. I don't know why the patches aren't in the kernel yet, but they solved the resume from suspend problem.

Unfortunately my desktop background still disappears and the refresh rate is reset from 75Hz to 60Hz after resuming, and whatever error is causing it makes "Display Properties" pop up, but that problem has been there since around 4.18.15 and I'm used to it now. I could never bisect that problem either, but hopefully one day it will be fixed as well.

And by the way, FreeSync appears to be working though I don't really know how to test it. My monitor says it's active though.

In any case I'll keep this custom kernel for awhile unless something serious pops up, and it's good to finally be able to move on from 4.18.20.

Comment

Working...
    X